Can you match the paint color?
Today's modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. We have made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrade its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle's paint matches. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process.
Can I get other service work done on my vehicle while it is in the body shop?
Yes. Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?
Your advisor can give you an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs to your vehicle. Be sure to check with your advisor for the specifics on your vehicle.
Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
Yes, we would be happy to provide this service to you, because we want your visit to be a positive experience, and we work diligently towards that goal. For your convenience, we provide a pickup and delivery service.
How can I get a rental car?
If you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements, and we even have Hertz rentals on-site. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage, and what your specific limitations are.
How will I know when my car is done?
You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be picked up. Feel free to call or e-mail your advisor during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
Yes. We guarantee all repairs with a lifetime warranty.
Do I have to pay a deductible?
The amount of deductible that you will be responsible for is determined by your insurance policy. If you aren't sure about your deductible, call your insurance agent.
Whom do I pay my deductible to?
It will be your responsibility to pay us when you pick up your vehicle. If you aren't sure about your deductible, you can call your insurance agent.
What forms of payment do you accept?
The easiest and most convenient way to pay for your portion of the repairs to your vehicle is with an insurance check or personal check. MasterCard® and Visa® are accepted for deductible amounts. We also accept debit cards.
What are betterment charges?
Parts that wear out and need replacement with time and use (i.e., tires, batteries, and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair process. These betterment charges are determined by your insurance company and are pro-rated based on actual miles on your vehicle.
Can I wash my car?
Here are some recommendations for things to do and not to do when washing your car after our services.
Recommendations & Precautions in the First 30 Days:
- Wash your vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean, fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash, as stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not "dry wipe" your vehicle, because this can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads to avoid chipping the finish, which occurs easily in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines, which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and can damage
- a freshly painted surface. In addition, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
Recommendations & Precautions in the First 90 Days:
• Do not wax or polish your vehicle. Waxing or polishing may prevent the finish from drying and hardening completely.
Contact our auto body shop, Cook's Auto Body in Normal, Illinois, to request an estimate for repair of your vehicle.